SPDR S&P 500
Portfolio Monkey Estimate
This chart plots SPY’s historical return distribution against a theoretical normal (bell curve). The closer the fit, the more likely its returns can be described by its Expected Return (mean) and Volatility (standard deviation).
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
- Expected ReturnThis is Portfolio Monkey's estimate of how much SPY is expected to return on an annualized basis over a long-term investment horizon. Learn more about how Portfolio Monkey calculates this.Expected Return: 8.8%
- Volatility This is how much the security is likely to deviate from the expected return. The higher the volatility, the riskier it is. Learn moreExpected Volatility: 11.5%
- → SPY is more volatile than 36% of the securities in our database
- → SPY has a higher return potential than 86% of the securities in our database.
These securities are highly correlated to SPY and represent potential pair trade ideas.Pair Trade Ideas
Analyze a Security
- SPY Vanguard Founder Advises Caution as Markets Hit New Highs
- SPY This Is Driving HP’s Personal Systems
- SPY Stock Market Analysis for Week Ending 2/24/17
- SPY Can Fitbit’s Device Sales Rise Year-over-Year in 1Q17?
- SPY Stocks Mixed as Valuation Concerns Linger
- SPY Did Fitbit Beat Analysts’ Estimates in 4Q16?
- SPY US Crude Oil Inventories Hit a New All-Time High
- SPY Chart in Focus: W&T Offshore’s Cash Flow Estimates
- SPY The Most Overpaid CEOs In S&P 500 Companies That Largely Underperformed The Market
- SPY The Market In 5 Minutes