Portfolio Monkey Estimate
This chart plots CAT’s historical return distribution against a theoretical normal (bell curve). The closer the fit, the more likely its returns can be described by its Expected Return (mean) and Volatility (standard deviation).
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
- Expected ReturnThis is Portfolio Monkey's estimate of how much CAT is expected to return on an annualized basis over a long-term investment horizon. Learn more about how Portfolio Monkey calculates this.Expected Return: -7.6%
- Volatility This is how much the security is likely to deviate from the expected return. The higher the volatility, the riskier it is. Learn moreExpected Volatility: 27.0%
- → CAT is more volatile than 82% of the securities in our database
- → CAT has a higher return potential than 10% of the securities in our database.
These securities are highly correlated to CAT and represent potential pair trade ideas.Pair Trade Ideas
Analyze a Security
- CAT Cramer makes a rare exception for Caterpillar's accountin...
- CAT Cramer makes a rare exception for Caterpillar's accounting issues
- CAT US Market Indexes Higher Friday With Losses for the Week
- CAT General Electric, Caterpillar Push DJIA Higher Friday
- CAT Caterpillar says compliant with tax laws after IRS claim
- CAT Caterpillar: 'We Disagree With the IRS' Position'
- CAT Caterpillar Denies Tax Fraud Allegations
- CAT Caterpillar: We disagree with IRS position
- CAT Oil Prices, Caterpillar Fraud, and Has Snap Ignited the IPO Market?
- CAT In wake of fed raids, Caterpillar denies skirting tax laws